Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Luaus...Birthdays....and Silly Faces!

This weekend was a busy and fun weekend. Sale got back in town from Denver and a few days later his family preformed at a Luau that our old Bishop was in charge of. It was a young single adult activity or something. We just love and adore Bishop Fowers and his wife. Here is some of the "Tahitian" dancers teaching him and his wife how to "grind the wheat" :) It looks more like they are bumpin pineapples and papayas off their hips to me...but what do I know.

Halia in her Luau appropriate attire. (Thanks Grandma Booty) She can hula like no other baby I've seen! Ha ha
Since Sale is the youngest of 10...we seriously have at least 2 or more birthdays a month except for November. We finally decided from now on we would just do one get together for all the birthdays for the month. Here we are celebrating my niece Mylee and Karlie's birthdays'. I think that I have the prettiest nieces. I can't wait for Halia to grow up and be as cute as them.Yay!....Halia is 5 months old now! I can't believe how much she has changed. She is doing new and cute things everyday. We decided to give cereal another try and as you can see...she loves it much more this time! She also loves carrots and bananas so far. She loves to chew on her toes and loves when books are read to her. She is so intrigued by little people (small kids and babies) and loves to be sang to. She still refuses to roll over. She was rolling over at 3 1/2 months but hasn't since. She got her first earache while her dad was out of town (of course) but just loves her medicine and suction machine. Ha ha! (mommy is always the bad guy) She is over 15lbs now and is catchin up fast to her chubby friend Laney ; ) Who is so stinkin cute!
Halia is always a calm and happy baby. She brings so much brightness to everyone that meets her. (Just like her name says) If times are ever hard or I'm feelin down, I see her smile and all the sudden my worries are forgotten. She was sent from heaven to fill our lives with brightness, and so far that is exactly what she has done. She loves unconditionally and is so quick to forgive and forget. I need to learn from her childlike example. I'm not sure what we have done to have received such a gift, but we are forever grateful.

10 comments:

The DeGiulio's said...

She looks really cute in her Luau outfit. My family is the same way we have at least 2-3 birthdays a month, we only celebrate the kids birthdays b/c the adults dont want to celebrate theirs anymore lol. It looks like shes really enjoying the cereal.

Brookie P. said...

I love this girl! I can't wait to see her in a few days! Love luau outfit!

Reeder family said...

what a cute outfit, pretty soon she will be doing the dancing at the luau. You guys are so such a cute family and looks like you will have tons a fun in the future doing family things.

The DeGiulio's said...

Ya I will totally bring some on Sunday, Im glad you said you wanted some b/c no one else did and Im just going to keep getting them Im sure. Im way excited to wear the watches, they are so fun and cute but my birthdays not till march 16th.

The DeGiulio's said...

haha sorry im leaving ANOTHER comment but I just say the one you left under "more valentines pic" Halia can borrow the tutu's any time just let me know when. They've only worn them a few times for pictures and my mother in law actually made them if you want I can ask if she could make Halia one and a price?

Steph said...

I totally know what you mean when talk about being so blessed to have Halia in your life, Selma's smile brightens my day all the time too!! Isn't it amazing? I just love it!! She is getting cuter and cuter, what a doll!

Tami said...

Hey Jaimee- So I just saw your comment about couponing.
Yes it is very confusing at first. The problem with couponing is that really, in order to get great deals you have to be willing to go to more than one store if there are great deals. Walmart price matches but other stores do not, that I know of. Walmart has to have an ad though too. As far as "store coupons" they are only good at the store that it is for. Bummer, I know. Um... I agree that the website is confusing. I can talk you through it on Sunday if you want. I have talked to Arienne Winzeler who is over Enrichment Nights and we are going to have somebody come out for couponing but we can't do it until May, so we'll have to wait for a little while. In the meantime, I'm more than happy to help you out if you need me to explain it to you a little more. I'll try and bring my couponing stuff and leave it in the car on Sunday just in case you do want me to show you. Good luck and I'm sorry I didn't have any really great answers. But really, let me know if you want my help.

Miller's said...

I cannot believe how fast the time goes, she is too cute eating her big girl food. I loved introducing Mais to food, how fun for you. I hope she is feeling better and you are all doing better with daddy home. I miss ya tons, I wish we had more time to get together more often.

hoLLY said...

she is so cute! I love the pic of her eating! i cant believe she is 5 months! it was fun working with you the other day too bad we always work opposite shifts!

Jeff and Erin said...

What a fun post...it was fun to see pics of your family. I miss going to the luaus, they are my fav! And Halia looks adorable in her outfit!
I about died when I saw that pic of Mylee...she is grown up! You do have very cute nieces and a beautiful baby girl! If you guys aren't doing anything on Saturday we are having a surprise bday party for my dad. He doesn't know I'm coming into town :) I'm way excited and I'd love to see you guys!