Saturday, May 14, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
My little guy is due in exactly 7 days from today! Next wed. May 11th at 7:30 am the c section will begin! This has been the longest 2 weeks of my life and the next few days couldn't come any faster. It will be so fun to have these two guys so close together. They will be exactly 6 weeks apart. My Brother and Sale already have their football future planned out. Everyone is making bets that when our son arrives that Cooper will weigh the same as our newborn. LOL! around 8 or 9 lbs. So far his name will be Isaia pronounced like ee-sy-ah. Its the Samoan version of Isaiah. Not sure on the middle yet. We will keep ya posted!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Anyone who is pregnant or knows anyone that is pregnant or is planning on becoming pregnant please watch
This story is about my brother and his wife. She is pregnant with their 3rd child, a baby boy, and is due in about 6 weeks. A horrible mistake that has caused so much unneccary stress, worry, and special appointments with the neonatalogist for most of her pregnancy. So far, everything is ok, but no one should ever have to deal with this. She decided to come out with her story because she doesn't want anyone else to have to deal with this. You have to check your medications...unfourtunately you can't always trust the pharmicst. So scary. This is the clip for the trailer but please tune in to watch the story on Monday night.
Monday, February 14, 2011
We got new family pictures last July. So much fun with a 2yr old. Yikes! Thanks to my friend Cathy Wall, she was able to catch a few good ones. She was so patient with the monkey.
We spent a lot of time at parks letting Halia get her energy out. As you can see she is quite a monkey.
The splash pad was one of our favorite places to go. Just don't drink the water please!
She was so facinated with the dinosaurs at the dinosaur park. She would try to make a scary roar everytime she saw one.
You can never go wrong with family time at the Zoo. The train ride is mom and dad's favortie part.
The pool was a frequent this summer. Halia has no fear. When she got bored of taking her turn at the toddler slide, she would run over to the big kid slides and show those babies how its done.
Charlee and Addy are her 2 favorite people to hang out with. (Besides mom and dad of course) The slip n slide was one of the best investments. (Until Halia hits her head and gets a bloody lip. Happens everytime.)
The 4th of July princess. Besides the fireworks, the parade was her favorite.
The 2 Halia's
The family doing what they do best. Jammin.
Sale had an unfortunate mishap this summer. No big deal but he eventually had to get sugery. He had an umbilical hernia. No fun! He is doing much much better now. He makes every outfit look good. :)
On Labor Day we found out some exciting news! Halia is going to be a big sister! We couldn't be happier. We are expecting our son around May 18th. As of right now his name is baby brother, so don't ask. Lol!
We announced the news to family with a shirt she got for her birthday at the party. I guess this is the best pic I had of her in the shirt. It says "I'm gonna be a big sister," on the back says, "coming soon May 2011." It was great. But Halia was obvioulsy more excited for her bikes and scooters her aunts and uncles got her.
Well, there ya have it! It feels good to be caught up. I told my friend my new years resolution was to try to keep up on my blog and she won't let me forget it. J/K Tricia. I'm glad you are holding me to it.
Today is Valentines Day! Hope your day is full of love and happiness! (Mine will, as long as I get some yummy cakebites from the sweet tooth fairy bakery. Hint.. hint.. Sale.)
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
- Look for the light in the trenches (they will be gone before you know it)
- Some days "Motherhood is like being pecked to death by a duck" ( I felt this last week, not fun.)
- Let some imagination in once in a while
- When we visit "Wit's End," it makes the precious moments that much better (tested this out already last week. It's true!)
- Serendipity (I wonder what will happen to me today? Instead of, "what do I have to do today") Example: oh, its ok that Halia had diahrrea all over the tile floor in the kitchen, I needed to mop anyways so I guess I will just have to do it sooner than later. :) Ha ha!
- Enough is Enough ( just spend time)
- Prayer works (sometimes its all that gets me through the day.)
- Take time for yourself (Seriously!)
- Nurture your marriage, its the best gift you can give your children. Its number one. After all, when they are all gone and grown, its just you two again.
- "Whatever" (who cares what anyone else thinks, no one is really that perfect library mom. Say, "whatever!" a lot, and pick your battles.)
- Look for magnificent opportunities for creativity instead of being irritated
- Be your own kind of "Best Mom"
- Push to make memories instead of life being the same every day.
Her head sliced open from the side table in the hotel room in Vegas. She was running as usual
All fixed up!
Just being Halia! Goofy girl!
1st Easter Bunny experiance at the Baby Animal days. Thanks for taking me grandma!
Monday, April 5, 2010
My client is also an amazing seamstress and has sewn a few adorable things for Halia. Below is the cute Hello Kitty skirt she made for her. Halia is so funny because when I got her dressed on this particular morning, she was insisting on putting on these boots! I thought is was so cute, she kept sayin, "shoos, shoos" so I gave in and let her wear them even though they totally didn't match her outfit. (I changed her shoes before we left to be seen in public anywhere) :)
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Halia with all the goods from mom and dad. (I know we went a little over board, but its mostly all educational stuff?!) :)
Takin a ride on her very own pony from Grandma and Grandpa