Monday, March 9, 2009

I kou hanau 'ia {When you were born}

There is so many new babies being born in our ward lately and I have just been trying to remember when Halia was a little new baby.

I'm sad because she is growing too fast, and it's so hard to remember when she was so small. She is in such a fun stage right now but I miss her when she liked to be held like a baby and when she would cuddle with me. If any of you have seen her lately, she never stops moving...she is so spastic!

I found this neat Native American saying translated in Hawaiian. I wanted to write it down so I would remember it. It makes me think of what someone once said to me, "live your life with no regrets, you can be as happy as you want to be, it's up to you."

I love inspirational quotes. I hope to share this with Halia one day and inspire her to have the happiest life she can, and leave a legacy behind.


I kou hanau 'ia,
Ua uwe 'oe a e ho'onani o ka ao nei;
E ola kou ola i a kou hala ana,
Ke uwe nei ke ao nei, a e ho'onani ia 'oe.

{ Sale can say it with much better than I can:) }

When you were born,
You cried and the world rejoiced;
Live your life so that when you die,
The world cries and you rejoice.

2 comments:

Reeder family said...

i am sure your liitle girl would love a bro or sis one day, then u can have another newborn. You guys can get started on that little one. j/k. i will have to try that dvd. thanks

hoLLY said...

that is so sweet! your such a great mom!!! I still feel so bad about Saturday! I love working with you!