Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

This year was Sale's official 1st fathers day. Halia made him the cutest card with her footprints on it and bought him his shoes he has been wanting for awhile. Sale is such a great father to Halia. He is so sweet and gentle with her. I think every Dad needs a daughter to soften them up. I definitely don't give in to her like Sale does, and she knows it too. Sale's mom had a special dinner for all the dads. The wives were all supposed to bring a dessert. The dads would then vote on whose dessert was the best. I thought I could at least win the best presentation. What guy doesn't like a cheeseburger and fries right? So I made mini burgers out of cupcakes, brownies, coconut, and frosting. The fries are made out of sugar cookies sprinkled with sugar. I was pretty impressed with myself. Well, after all that hard work we didn't end up voting because some of the wives didn't "know" it was a competition. Sale said I won in his eyes. ;) It was a lot of fun. I just want to tell Sale how great of a Dad he is to our little monkey. She absolutely adores you and loves to hear your voice. I have a wonderful Dad myself and I know how important the bond between a Dad and daughter is. My Dad is a great Dad and Grandpa. I know Halia is going to make some fun memories with her Grandpa. Lucky you Dad, you are the only one she has!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Haha the other wives were probably just saying that they "didn't know" because yours were so awesome!! What a cute idea, I'm very impressed!! I'm so glad you posted all this stuff, all your pictures are so cute and Halia is getting so big, keep it coming! :)